"I know there is no one-hundred-percent hurricane proof fence. The winds from a big hurricane are simply too strong for any fence, even a brick wall, to remain standing with absolutely no damage. Our home recently experienced the catastrophic 155+ mph sustained winds of Hurricane Michael.
The only 3-rail vinyl fence damage we had was the posts and rails on which some of our 75+ overblown oak trees fell. Of the more than 3000’ feet of 3-rail fence on our property, we only replaced 24 rails and 4 posts damaged by the falling trees. We didn’t have a single rail, that was not damaged by falling trees, come out of its post. We have been able to straighten all of the posts that were leaning and only broke one in that process. After driving around our area in the aftermath of the storm we found there were very few 3-rail vinyl fences, and no wooden fences, that kept their basic structure intact and were still a functional fence. Once we cleared the trees from our road, driveway and main paddock, our horses were able to return home and be safely turned out. So if anyone is looking for a fence that will stand up to a catastrophic hurricane, I know of one that fits this bill – Gardner 3-rail vinyl fence."
Do not buy wood
1. Vinyl has no flavor so horses do not care to chew on it
2. Vinyl will not splinter like wood which makes vinyl safer for your animals
3. Vinyl Never needs painting, it’s easy to clean and stays looking like new
4. Vinyl has no nails or screws involved to hurt your animals
5. Vinyl is quicker to install
6. Our vinyl fences come with a Lifetime Warranty